Create Your Website
When you create your website, keep in mind it is an important marketing tool for your virtual assistant business.
You only have one chance to make a great first impression.
You will need to create your website for your Virtual Assistant Business. Even though many of your virtual assistant jobs will be found offline, your website is still a major source of your marketing and the first impression potential clients will get of your business. You simply cannot be successful as a virtual assistant without a website.
If you are familiar with web design and knowledgeable enough to create your own website, remember to keep it clean, professional and easy to navigate. Potential clients want to be able to easily learn what your services are and how you can help them. Stay away from fancy backgrounds, animation and sound that can detract from the professional image you are trying to portray. Do you like websites with a distracting flash intro or sound you can’t turn off?
If you have never created a website and know nothing about web design, hosting and html, you can still create a website with a professional look without hiring a web designer.
Need a website? If you are just getting started and don’t have any website design or programming experience, I want to offer you a free way to get a fully optimized website up and running in 1 day. A WordPress Blog website is the easiest way to create a website today that literally anyone can edit and manage themselves. No expensive software or special skills need! All you need is a domain name which you can get at your Domain Registrar, I use NameCheap and then you need to sign up for hosting and have your domain nameservers transfered to your hosting account.
Need Help? Sign up for Hosting through my recommended hosting link and I can install your WordPress Site for free. Once your blog is installed on your domain, you can use any of the free WordPress themes or choose one I have created for Virtual Assistants to get your started. I only use and recommend Hostgator because they are one of the very best and most reliable web hosting companies today. Sign up here Hostgator
What Should I include in my website?
Take some time to plan your website before you start building pages. Create your website by keeping your target audience in mind.
Who is your target audience and what do you want them to know about your business?
Every website will be a little different but here are some components for a typical Virtual Assistant website:
- Home Page – Many virtual assistants use their home page to list the benefits of hiring a virtual assistant and other industry information; however, remember to focus on your services and the benefits you provide.
- About Us – information about your and your background
- Services/rates – you may also want to include any special technology or equipment you own or use
- Policies – clearly state your policies and terms of service
- Logo and tagline – create a unique logo and tagline to differentiate your business from other Virtual Assistants.
- Contact information and/or a form clients can fill out to schedule a consultation.
- Resume, credentials, portfolio, and testimonials
- Promotional materials– press releases, articles written about your business and anything you have that helps promote your business.
- Downloadable brochure – if you have one you can upload it as a downloadable pdf file.
- Links to related sites
- Easy navigation and simple navigation bar
- Copyright Message – often put as a footer at the bottom of a website to discourage others from stealing content.
When you first attempt to create your website, you may want to take a look at other Virtual Assistant websites, particularly those in your niche, and see what information is included in their websites. There is nothing wrong with seeing what others are doing, but DO NOT COPY their website! You wouldn’t want anyone to copy yours.