5 Great Ways to Market a Virtual Assistant Business
Once you start a virtual assistant business you will need to get out there and find clients. Of course you need to start with creating your own website, but don’t expect the clients to come find you. In the beginning you will need to actively promote yourself, therefore remember to include some marketing money in your business start-up plan.
Once you start a virtual assistant business you will need to get out there and find clients. Of course you need to start with creating your own website, but don’t expect the clients to come find you. In the beginning you will need to actively promote yourself, therefore remember to include some marketing money in your business start-up plan. If this is your first business, you may not be sure just how to market your new business and wondering how you find those first clients. Rest assured there are many affordable ways to market a home based business.
Here are 5 Marketing Ideas to get you started:
- Advertising. Many people don’t like advertising because it can be expensive and because there is so much advertising today; some which is intended to scam the consumer. However, advertising is still a legitimate and effective way to market your business. Try placing ads for your services in local community newspapers, large newspapers,Yellow Pages and business trade magazines if your budget allows. Fortunately, many business will have a place to leave business cards and/or brochures for free.
- Article Marketing. Writing articles is a great way to get known and drive some traffic to your website. You don’t need to submit hundreds of articles or use a submission service. A few well-known article directories such as ezinearticles.com and buzzle.com are enough to get you some free traffic. These article directories allow you to submit articles at no charge but make sure you write quality articles and proofread your writing. Be sure to include a little about yourself and your skills, as well as your website’s url in your author’s bio box.
- Professional Business Cards. Always carry business cards with you because you never know who you might meet and you don’t want to be caught without a card. Although there are plenty of cheap and do-it-yourself business cards, don’t skimp here. Your business card is a reflection of your business and your professionalism. Have a professional looking card with your name, contact information and website address. Be sure to include a list of your skills and the services you provide as a virtual assistant.
- Social Networking. Social networking website sites such as MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube have huge forums where you can network with other business professionals. Create social groups with other virtual assistants and potential business clients who may need your services and skills.
- Promotional Items. Everyone loves free things and giveaways are a great way to market your business. Keep in mind this can get expensive so watch your budget, however, there are many inexpensive promotional gadgets that can do the job. Try magnets, pens, key chains, calendars and other merchandise printed with your business logo and contact information. These are great to give away at trade shows and other networking events. Try to use items that people keep, like pens, mugs and calendars, since many promotional items can be thrown away or lost.